“I saw that shirt and I am going to find that shirt and buy that shirt”. How do influencers influence?
Micro-level influencer: 5k to 100k
Mid-level influencer: 100k to a 1mill
Macro-level influencer: 1 mil – 1mil+
Social media is available to everyone and they feel everyone can do it and of course, anyone can do it, but not everyone can be successful at it
Many times they have sponsored ads and most people skip those posts or stories just like they would skip any other commercial, it is important to be candid with your followers because people trust you and your credibility could be revoked if you promote a product and say it is amazing but it turns out otherwise for most people,it would end up in you getting negative publicity that you’d do anything for money.
Transparent with your followers:
You need to specify when they are sponsored or it’s an ad or you are being paid to do that
- Oversharing can be a problem
- Create an idea of who you are by your online presence
- We curate an online identity not to reflect who we are but what we want to be perceived as
- Building your personal brand and that would include your preferences your choices about food, or fashion or travel
- Impact and engagement, marketing today is like the message does not have to come from the brand itself.
- Not just about who has the biggest reach, but who are your passionate customers how are these customers advocating for their brand
- The other day I saw this cool place on this model’s IG story, let’s go check it out this weekend!
Probably you and your friends did go out to that cool place and it was amazing. That is how basically social media influencing works. It isn’t something new, if you are a heavy social media user you know the tons of beauty products or food products or restaurants that are endorsed by the trendsetters as I like to call them daily. As soon as you notice the @…. you know that the brand is being endorsed.
So, what is it all about being a social media influencer? To put it in a very lucid way, it is saying “I used this product and I liked it, you should try it too.” The difference between your/your friend’s recommendation and that of an influencer is that they are getting paid for their apparently free advice. Influence them.